Saturday, July 9, 2011

14 Gallon Update

Last night I set up the 14 gallon tank with hopes of setting it up for my four delta tail female bettas. The mopani wood leaked some tanins giving the water a nice natural color plus I have a 10,000 K bulb and a 6,500 K bulb to bring out some reds in the plants. I hooked up a 10 gallon filter (ANY suggestions on the filtration much appreciated) and with the temperature of my "critter room" the water is 82 degrees Fahrenheit without a heater. I suctioned a heater in there anyway but didn't plug it in just so I can easily plug it in if it gets colder in there and I wont use it for another tank in the meantime. haha. I have a tendency to double up on filtration but a friend of mine told me not to worry about it with the female bettas, once again any feedback on this is MUCH appreciated.










as you can see the anacharis is no longer floating all over but bushed up on the right side of the tank. I may add a lot more anacharis.

No comments:

Post a Comment